Exterior (Brick) Walls – Clear Coatings
Unpainted exterior walls are very susceptible to penetrating rain (causing internal damp), than walls coated in renders or masonry paints. When external walls are bare brick, reconstituted stone, natural stone or block work, there is a good chance that wind-driven rain will eventually cause serious damp inside your property. We can help you avoid those costly problems.
Clear Coating System
PPS solve this problem using a high performance masonry clear coat cream which aids the walls to repel water, maintaining a surface dry and insulating the underlying brick wall.
The clear coating protection is brush or roller applied and initially appears cloudy white before it dries totally clear, the benefit of this procedure is that we are able to see where has and hasn’t been coated, which aids avoiding leaving areas being untreated.
PPS Clear Coating features:
- Guaranteed for 10 years with expected life of up to 20 years.
- Greatly improves thermal efficiency of the brickwork surface by keeping it dry.
- Maintains thermal properties of cavity wall insulation.
- Chemically bonds to the surface and can penetrate up to 17-18mm.
- On a porous brick the water absorption will be reduced by more than 95%
- The Self cleaning surface stems the growth of moss or algae – which keeps your walls clean.
- Maintains the original brickwork finish, no gloss or shine.
- Allows the walls to breathe.
- Prolongs the life of the surface brickwork.
- Tests have shown that a damp content of only 5% in a plain brick wall can decrease the insulation value by up to 50%, especially where cavity wall insulation has been fitted.
BOOK A FREE ASSESSMENT